To: "gamers discussion list" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:30 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] How to non program a game

Hi all,
Weird title, I know, but I thought it fit the question I am going to ask.

What if you are a creative person, with an excellent game idea that he or she believes may be a big hit in the audio community. It would most likely be profitable too, but that wouldn't be the main focus for making the game. In any event, you may have a little money to put into a project, not sure how much that would be, but you simply don't have the time to really learn how to program. So what do you do? Can you hire or comission someone to program a game for you based on your specific guidelines? Is anyone willing to do that, and how much money would it cost to make something like that happen? How would the ownership of the program belong to, and what would the financial sharing look like? I do remember someone having an issue with a programmer who took the work put into a project. Maybe it was Phil Vlasic with dark castle maybe. How does one go about avoiding that, that is to say, if it is feasible to accomplish such an arrangement?

I'll be honest, i'm kind of fishing here, but I am also interested for just knowledge sake as well to see what everyone thinks.

al