To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Netbooks and games

Netbooks have to have seriously capped memory and processor speeds to meet
Microsoft's discounted XP licensing. I'd hesitate to use them for gaming
unless you're sure the new netbook is faster than your current laptop. One
thing that's often overlooked is the front side bus speed. Everything might look the same on paper initially between netbooks, but you could be in for a
real surprise if you don't do a lot of research.

Newer netbooks come with a very stripped down version of Windows 7. I'd go
for that over XP.

Cheers!
Jason