Lol. Just cheating? I find that funny the way you say that...
Best Regards,
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:44 PM
To: Charles Rivard; Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] using a program called art money for game cheating.

Hi Charles,
Well, that's a stretch.  Usually the license agreement is talking about
specifically altering the executable by disassembling  it, modifying it,
and then reassembling the hacked/cracked version.
What these programs do is it looks for the specific blocks of memory
where the game's values are stored and then changes them. Say it lookes
for health you could then use the cheater to restore you back to 100%
health by resetting the value stored at the given memory address. You
are altering the game, but only what is stored in memory and not the
binary itself. I'm not sure what the legality of these cheater programs
are regarding the license agreement.
While I personally hate these cheater programs I'm not sure I'd revoke
someone's license key because of it.  After all they paid for the game,
and they aren't actually messing with the game itself in terms of
hacking/cracking it.  They are just cheating.