Hi,
Exactly. There is always some misconception that writing these games
is free or doesn't cost anything to produce. Nothing could be further
from the truth. They usually cost a lot to produce when you add up
money spend on professional sound effects, music, voice acting, web
space to say the least about the developers time and training. Even
though the developer might be doing it purely for fun as I do it still
costs time and money to complete. So yes developers deserve to get
some money back for developing it.