Hi,
This is because ACE Fire uses a direct peer to peer connection. I forget
what port ACE Fire uses, but it requires you to forward a port on your
router. Monopoly uses a server in which all users connect to, and therefore
you don't have to forward any ports.

This isn't a "problem" in ACE Fire. Some multiplayer games are built this
way. I am not sure if a UPnP DLL exists for VB6, but I know it exists for
.NET. (I started to write a program using it.) It allows a developer to
automatically forward the port for the users, as long as they haven't
disabled it in there router for security reasons. Anyway, as long as you
know what port to forward, port forwarding isn't too difficult.
Thanks.
-Ryan
Head of RS Games
www.rsgames.co.nr