Hi,

I like many started playing video games in the late seventies and early
eighties on an Atari 2600.  I also had a Texas Instruments 99 4A and an Atari
800 XL home computer which I started programming video games on in Basic.  Then
in 1990 I got my first talking computer.  It was a NEC 286 running Jaws for dos
version 1.0 with an Accent SA hardware synthesizer.  So I was now writing blind
accessible text games.  In 1990 or 1991 Phil Vlasak found the source code for a
golf game and found a sound file player like Plany and SBPlay and added sounds
to the golf game.  You know before that we only used the little PC speaker for
sounds.  But now we could add wav files to our games.  So I also found a
different golf game and added sounds to it.  So in the nineties I programmed
games in dos Quick Basic (PDS7) with text and sound files played via the
external sound file player.  In 2000 David Greenwood helped me to get started
switching from dos Quick Basic to Visual Basic for windows.  So now in windows
we could play the sounds right in the code of our games and make the games
totally sound based.  So that is what I have been doing for the last ten years.
 Allot of the time was spent converting and improving my dos games to windows
versions, but I have also written several totally new windows only games.

Just for the heck of it, again here is a list of my games for windows.

Baseball, BattleShip, Black Jack, Bop It, Concentration, Craps, Draw Poker,
Football, Golf, Hangman, Homer on a Harley, Life, Mach 1, Mach 1 tts, Master
Mind, Monopoly, Pong, Puppy1, Roulette, Simon, Skunk, Slot Machine, Snakes and
Ladders, Spanker, Star Mule, Triple J Shooter, Trivia game engine, Trucker,
Yahtzee

Braille reference guide, Brain, Reader, Waver, Batting practice, Golf course
maker

BFN

    Jim

The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA