I must confess I do agreee, Now that I've got scansoft daniel, sapi for games, ---- even highly complex ones like entombed or time of conflict works great.

Then again it seems heavily dependent upon voice. That was one of the chief reasons the screen reader speech business got added to Entombed, because the default sapi voices are so completely horrible as compared to the proprietory ones which Hal, jaws etc use, ---- and honestly I can't blame people for that.

I stil have a laugh with my friends remembering the occasion when they turned up while I was in the shower, and I yelled instructions at them to set up a game of kitchinsinc life on my desktop and turn up the volume so I could here it in my bathroom.

unfortunately, that was back before I could even get ms mike or Mary working and was stuck with microsoft Sam.

"You may play the markit if you own staaaack, but you daaan't!"

So ultimately it's a case of "you may play the sapi if you have a good voice, ---- but you daaaant!" ;D.

Beware the grue!