I still use hal though mine is grosly out dated now.
I have not seen any reason to switch though even though I could if i cared to
have the guts its the same with win xp apart from the security aspects I will
have to spend loads of cash to upgrade hal and jaws and with jaws looks I'd
need to pay more to get vpc mode.
So all in all not upgrading to something I don't need including any ie over 6
is something I doubt I'd bother with.
secure yes but clutter when I don't need it.