why I am unsure if this is off-topic is because this is gaming related... more
or less.
after I tried the tdv version that would change your sound card settings to
surround sound, I didn't notice it at first. actually, I did benefit from it in
techno shock, but then I decided to try other tings, like top speed 2. I was
making a new car and it immediately crashed when I tried turning. Seeing I
haven't made a car for quite a while my initial thought was too high steering,
but then I notice I had totaly 0 panning. teh darn thing was in mono. and sadly
it doesn't end there, other games started to have this issue. Most notably
jim's hommer on a harley and mach1tts, though other games weren't effected,
like judgment day.
My problem is I'm not sure how to change it back to stereo. I tried going to
settings\contropl panel\sounds&audio\3rd tab\the advanced/properties button
after the combo with all my soundcards, but the combo box there was set to
desktop stereo speakers.
I tried seeing if I'd find anything in DXDiag about it but no luck, and I can't
restore my system because who ever was installing this omitted all
accessibility options that are built-in, and system restore as well.
Am I looking in the wrong place?

Peter Mahach
|piterm...@gmail.com
msn: pitermac...@hotmail.com