These corporations treat their call center employees the same as they treat the competition and the customer. It's a dog eat dog corporate war, and the American people are the dog food. At the credit card call center I used to work at, the management always said that the employee is the backbone of our company, and we responded, "Then quit breaking your back!" They said that we have to look at the "big picture; the entire window." We pointed out that a lot of big pictures are, after all, comprised of very small pieces that make the whole stronger, so how about taking care to retain that strength by taking good care of those little pieces?"

Tom: As far as USA Games Entertainment goes, thanks for taking care of the little pieces; the customers. Keeping us up to date on the current development of your games, keeping contact in a personal way as far as answering questions, and continuing to work on games that weren't even yours to begin with.

How's that for a way to get from politics back to gaming? By the way, I didn't throw that in just to get back on topic. I meant it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Scansoft voices

Hi Lori,
Well, if we are really honest about it though companies like Microsoft
and Nuance are out to rip everyone off.  The more and more I look
around my country, the United States, I've found myself living in a
corperation owned state were it is a dog eat dog world. Every major
corperation and bank has the attitude it is their God given right to
rip everyone off and not pay for it. When the government handed over a
750 billion dollar  bale out plan to Wall Street big wigs like City
Group, Goldman and Sax, Bank of America, and A.I.G. they pretty much
said in effect who our government cares about, and it certainly was
not the working middle class and the average American tax payer.  Now,
do we really expect our current president to help stop the curuption
when Obama's number one financial  backer was Goldman and Sax, and
some of the very same crooks that got us into this mess do to their
subprime lending crap?
Sigh...I didn't mean to bring politics into this discussion, but I did
want to make the point that  companies here in the United States are
pretty cutthroat.  They'll cut anyone's throat if it will make them an
extra buck or two.  You and I are peons in the eyes of these
corperations. What do they care when their C.E.O. is making a million
bucks a day in some cases. The greed of these crooks makes you want to
scream doesn't it?