I'm sure most people would like that as well. Problem is that our developers are one, two or at most three-man operations generally, so those more serious games would probably quite literally take years to code. And, as has often been pointed out, one really has to be careful when writing games since you have to be sure you don't use copyrighted material since there's no guarantee you won't get caught by the developer and get slapped with a Cease and Desist order as Thomas did. I mean it's another matter if the developer has taken the same route that IdSoft did with the original Quake, which is why we have Audio Quake, but if not it's best not to take chances. You could certainly base your game on one of your favorites so long as you didn't use the characters.
We are the Knights who say...Ni!
----- Original Message ----- From: "key stone" <eloheem...@comcast.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:16 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Future of Audio Games

My first audio game was Battle ship back in 2000, after losing my eye sight I was going crazy knowing this market was available; although I'm grateful for the audio game market my thirst for gaming hasn't been quenched; I was a Madden, NBA Live, Tyson punch out, Die Hard, Mortal Combat ect...player; Audio games tends to stick to kids type games, and not more adult/real life games like GTA or even Star Wars; Allot of us have been around since the start of the gaming revolution and has played systems such as Coleco vision, Atari, Sega and Nintendo, and has played hundreds of games; I know and hope audio games will pick up it's pace as technology improves, but I anxiously wait for some more serious game titles that will expand the adult audio gamers mind and appetite. I would love to fly that fighter jet again, go on realistic adventures without goblins and ghost's, and seriously play a good Football game and finally lead my EAGLES to The Super Bowl..LOL.. Thanks