I'm not sure about raceway, --- motor racing not being my thing (I'll certainly give the game a try though), but extra levels with new enemies etc for side scrollers or 3D games in expantion packs would be fantastic, sinse they would just give you so much more exploration potential.

I'm certain Q9, Gma tank commander, Shades of doom or indeed Mota would bennifit hugely from these sorts of expantions, and I for one would be extremely glad to pay for them, in fact this is a game model followed by several independent developers sinse they can essentially get more milage out of the same code.

See http://www.zxgames.com/en/ as an example of an indi developer who has done this.

beware the grue!