Hi Dark,
Maybe. However, I've already drawn a few rooms and there are also
things people will have to unlearn to play the fps version just
because some concepts are different.
For example, in the side-scroller the rooms are aligned on an
east-west acces. You move east until you reach the end of the level.
However, in the fps version I have aligned the rooms on a north/south
axis with you starting on the south end, and move north to the end of
the level. I think this will make it easier for some gamers to grasp
the 3d concepts as most of the time they have to move north or south
to explore the rooms and the east/west movements are only needed to
move around in the rooms themselves. Plus I've made it easy by
centering the doors in each room. All and all this is going to be a
simplified version of what I had originally planned, but since this is
the first of its kind I don't want to come up with a maze like Shades
of Doom did which scared some players off of fps games for good when
not all fps games have mazes in them or need them.

Smile.