Hi Charles,
Essentially yes. I think we should introduce this style of game to
gamers slowly and not introduce everything at once. Even sighted games
often start off simple in the beginning and grow more complex as you
advance through the game.
For example, I have a Xena Warrior Princess game for Play Station that
begins with Xena standing in the countryside with a long dirt road
leading to a village. There is basically nothing to it accept walk the
road and kill a few thieves that jump out and attack Xena while she is
on her way to town. While the level is pretty simple it does give you
a chanse to get use to the game controls,  allows you to figure out
how to sword fight against a few wimpy enemies, and just get a good
feel for the game in general. However, by level 7 Xena is trapped in a
huge 3d maze where the only way out is to find the chamber with the
minataur  in it, kill him, and then leave the maze via the exit. You
see how the game progressed from simple to very complex over a series
of levels?
 Well, I want to do the same with the Tomb Hunter series and with MOTA
in particular. I think introducing this kind of game gradually is our
best option.

HTH