Hi,
I didn't catch the beginning of this thread either, but I agree with
Oriol's post, a vps, it's more expensive, but in my opinion it's worth
it. I also avoid control panels whereever possible as I've found, that
yes you can set something up quickly, but if there's a flaw in that
panel chances are your going to get hit.
Also, if your using php code or some other server or client scripting
on your site, separate from what your host provides, making sure
that's as up to date is also critical.
Hth
Dave.

On 7/1/10, Oriol Gómez <ogomez....@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my opinion, the best solution is to get your own custom vps or
> virtual server if you can. That way people will not target you if they
> decide to go against certain hosting company.
> In my experience, me and the person i share a linnode with have been
> running websites for more than a year on the same server and we've
> never had any issues.
>
> On 7/1/10, Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Philip,
>> Sad to say your's isn't the only case like that I heard of. Blue Host,
>> in my opinion, is crap. They regularly have security problems, sloppy
>> security, and then they always blame the user if anything goes wrong.
>> Yet it really is their responcibility to see that their servers are up
>> to date, secure, and virus  free if possible.
>>
>> On 7/1/10, Philip Bennefall <phi...@u7142039.fsdata.se> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but when I see the words
>>> Bluehost
>>> and hacker security in one and the same sentense I have to react. Smile.
>>>
>>> I used to love Bluehost. They had everything I needed for a ridiculously
>>> low
>>> fee, and their customer support was generally acceptable. Then, I had a
>>> series of hacker attacks on my website. After the first one I immediately
>>> called Bluehost and informed them of the situation, to which they replied
>>> that the probable cause was an out of date script that had a security
>>> hole.
>>> Fair enough, I asked them to make 100 % sure that I had all the latest
>>> versions which they also did. Ran upgrades, in other words. Then, about 3
>>> hours later I had a similar attack where every single page of my website
>>> got
>>> infected. so I pick up the phone and call Bluehost once again, telling