Exactly. The game I'm working on now, a rendition of Berzerk, is pennies compared to what I hope will be my first major project with BGT. That probably won't be until I purchase at least the single license. But it's going to be a side scroller in a fantasy setting and I hope to make things a little more complex than running right to the end of the level. I'm even toying with the idea of possibly giving the character a dragon to fly on towards the end of the game, but that all depends on the storyline I decide on.
We are the Knights who say...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] bgt question

Hi Damien,
I believe that is really the problem with most VI gamers. There scope
or experience with games is limited ot what has been rendered in audio
so far. They might look at something like Q9 and go, "so that's what
all side-scrollers are like."
Unfortunately, that is a narrow opinion based on limited experience. I
on the other hand, as you pointed out, have have more experience with
mainstream games and have a better idea of what could be done. My
problem is not enough time to do it in. MOTA is taking forever
precisely because I don't have 8 to 12 hours a day to spend on game
programming.
However, this is the problem with VI gaming in general. We have
developers willing to try, but not enough experience with mainstream
games to get better ideas.  Most side-scrollers I've played are more
complex than say Q9 and have complex traps, puzzles, whatever.

Smile.