Hi Philip,
Yes, that is the case. USA Games is a business, but is privately owned
by me and I am owner, developer, and treasurer all in one. My partner,
if you want to call her that is my wife, which will occasionally
answer sales questions, send product keys, whatever  but her income
and my income from the games is the same, but there is no question
that the business is really mine. Also, like you, I higher people to
do certain aspects of the software development like a composer for the
music, a sound company to create/produce game sounds, maybe a voice
actor for voice work, etc. They don’t work for USA games directly, but
are hired on for a specific job or aspect of development like what you
have done for Streemway etc.
As for cross-platform support I completely understand as I have the
same conclusions as far as supporting Mac or Linux commercially goes.
However, as you might have seen from my post earlier after I’m done
with Mysteries of the Ancients I’d like to create an open source
version of my Genesis Engine, Open G3D,  that the community can use to
produce games for Mac, Linux, Windows, whatever. I’m not sure on the
licensing details, but this version of the engine would basically be
intended for freeware and shareware games and wouldn’t be intended for
big commercial projects the way BGT  or Genesis 3D would be.  USA
Games is here to make commercial games so Linux and Mac would be an
extra expense in producing, and I’m not looking at commercial games
for those platforms either. Still it would be nice to have something
available for those platforms as there are some VI users for Mac and
Linux that would certainly appreciate some games including myself.
However, I’ve done some game development on the Linux side and it is a
decent game development platform if you use things like OpenGL,
OpenAL, etc. However, there are still some game features like force
feedback controllers that aren’t yet supported by SDL and that is a
bit of a drawback. The other thing is that on Linux the default voice
is ESpeak and that is  no better than Microsoft Sam. I can’t stand the
voice, and to get decent TTS support you have to buy and support
something like AT&T Natural Voices, Dectalk, or the Cepstral Swift
engine which all have their own individual APIs. Speech-Dispatcher
doesn’t yet support commercial TTS engines which means a game
developer would have to write his or her own wrapper library for the
various commercial engines, and own the development kits for each to
do it properly. That is without a doubt a serious drawback to creating
a commercial engine for Linux.I personally have a copy of Cepstral
Callie and the Dectalk software for Linux and I could give such a
project a start, but I don’t have the AT&T SDK nor the Eloquence SDK
so obviously my Sapi-like wrapper library would be incomplete. It
would cost more time and money than it is worth for me to invest in
all the various development kits to support the commercial engines
which is why Speech-Dispatcher doesn’t support something like
Eloquence for Linux. I think the Eloquence SDK is $300 or something
like that which is almost the price of BGT Pro, and I doubt I could
get my investment back selling to the small community of VI Linux
users at this time. So the answer is to create a free and open source
engine that wraps the open source game APIs, perhaps ESpeak for TTS if
desired, and allows a developer to create games for Mac or Linux
without the developer such as myself spending a lot of money trying to
create and market a commercial engine.

Smile.