Hi dave,
Something like subversion for version control would definitely be
essential for a project like this. Opening the engine up to public
development means that anyone who joins the project can checkout and
checkin changes to the engine. Initially I expect I’ll be the
principle developer, but anyone skilled enough in the Open G3D core
language will be able to join the project and post bug fixes, updates,
etc as necessary. Plus we might have to have special subversion
branches for Windows, Mac, and Linux depending on weather or not we
need to support platform specific APIs like Sapi, Speech-Dispatcher,
and things like that.
I’ll know more about what I need when we figure out language,
features, and so on. Thanks for the offer. I’ll drop you a line off
list as soon as I know more.

Cheers!