Hi Thomas, unfortunately not, however with Python and to produce sound they use
GStreamer. From the looks of this library it provides fantastic capabilities
for adjusting sounds in code during playback, such as panning, speed, multiple
sounds at once on demand, ETC., sort of like SDL. It supports multiple formats,
wav, mp3, ogg, and probably more I am forgetting. I'm still learning the thing
as it seems like a lot of work to even play a simple sound but have control
over it. I think my first few projects will use simple sound effects until I
get the hang of GStreamer. HTH.