Hi Mike,
I see. Well, all the same the Linux port will be available if you or
anyone else would like to play MOTA and my other games under Linux for
that matter. My intention is to make the installation as painless as
possible. Especially, for those users like yourself who aren't exactly
Linux power users.
I understand you feel Windows is easier than Linux, but to be canded
that's just your personal experience talking. I've been using Linux
software for over ten years, and have been a full time Linux user for
about five or six years. So naturally I could equally claim Linux is
easier than Windows. However, that is a personal opinion, and would be
based soully on my experience rather than fact. However, I expect some
new Linux users, such as yourself,  are coming from a Windows
background, and aren't completely familiar with package managers,
commandline tools such as apt-get, etc. Therefore I intend to document
whatever install I go with as best as i can in the manual I really
don't think typing a command like ./install.sh from a terminal window
is especially difficult.

Smile.