thats what I like with hal.
these days for example I use hal for the system but nvda for the web and I don't have to make hal go away to do it.
I only use jaws for skype and a few other things.
At 03:31 a.m. 29/09/2010, you wrote:
As I've said before, with hal, I never see the point of actually unloading it, sinse I can just flick the voice and keys off, ----- in fact I often flick in and out of a game like entombed while looking at mail or performing some other task.

While there probably is an extra count on my pc's resources by leaving Hal running in the background, ---- albeit without actually doing anything, I've never actually noticed any appreciable difference, in fact as well as games I regularly switch at least hal's voice off for watching dvd's or listening to music so I'm not interupted with screen reader chatter.

Beware the Grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Troopanum 2 playthrough

Hi,
That's been my experience as well. Often times I don't bother putting
the screen reader to sleep. I just unload it so it isn't using
resources while playing a game for any length of time.

Hi,
Just my personal experience but I find it easier to just unload the thing
all together.

Best Regards,
Hayden