Hi Shane,
As it sounds like you are not familiar with the game sounds you really
should take a listen to the sound descriptions menu to learn what the
sounds mean in the game context. For example, what I believe you are
calling a windy sound is a munk chant I use for a statue sound. It
would be very helpful if you could describe things to us using their
proper names rather than "that windy sound."
As for getting stuck you need to remember that this is a full 2d
side-scroller. As the directions state you can go left, right, up, or
down in the game. So if you are running into a wall, for example, it
is possible you need to find a way up to the next level. That rope you
passed by in the previous room is used to climb up into a room above
the ones you are in. It is not just there to swing on. Smile.