Hi Carl,
The blue screen on exit is a mystery to me as well. I've tested it on
multiple machines and most of my private testers haven't had the
problem either. Which is why it slipped through the screening process
to make it into the public beta. Although, I think I have a handle on
that now, and might have a fix for it soon.
As for spending months doing rewrites that's the last thing I want to
do. That's one reason I'm trying so hard to fix bugs and problems in
the cross-platform engine. Even though it is possible to pull the beta
13 source and start from there it still would be time lost, and pretty
unconstructive as well. The old engine relies too much on legacy
libraries like DirectX 8 which is fine for anyone using XP, Vista, or
Windows 7 but really isn't looking towards the future of the Windos
platform or going to make it easier to maintain a cross-platform
release.I've pretty much decided if I can get the cross-platform
engine working that's what I want to use to develope  future USA Games
titles.