Hi tom.

I freely admit that while I have a reasonable theoretical knolidge of what does what, ---- both from playing games, reading articals and chats with my friend who has an msc in computer science and currently works as a professional software designer, I am a lot less clear on practically how anything works, ----- mostly because I decided that trying to learn a programming language (even with the assistance of bgt), would just not be possible in terms of time and energy along side writing my phd thesis and some of the on stage things I do.

I may well look into doing something with programming in a couple of years when I'm finished (though I'm also considdering stage school as well), but for now as you said, I do tend to overestimate how difficult a given thing is to do.

converting an engine to run on two different platforms using two different sets of audio libraries does indeed sound quite a task, ----- especially given the incompatibilities betwene the two os.

so, the upshot of all this is, I'm glad it'll be less pain than I thought.

all the best,