Hi Dark,

Sure its possible. There are plenty of languages we could convert this
to such as Python, Perl, or Ruby  which would be a lot more current
and be way more cross-platform to boot.

In fact, I have a number of games written in Apple basic such as
Oregon Trail that I'd love to convert to a more modern programming
language. Python sounds like a good bet since it is simple to code in,
is cross-platform, but then requires that the Python runtime be
installed.

Although, for text adventures I've been thinking of using a scripting
language called Perl. It is C-like, but like Python is an interpreted
language. In a way Perl is like writing in C without all the over head
and complexity attached.