if this helps I have just tried the same with no camera, and holding nothing and it says this reguardless.
At 10:13 p.m. 5/12/2010, you wrote:
Geremey, here is the problem. I hold up something to the webcam, I press space bar, and it says, white, pink or silver. I tryed to hold up my hand, but I still got the same result. I even tryed my hair. I know its black, but I wanted to see what it would say because I wanted to know.
To: "audyssey" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Color identifying program

Mike, it should work with the built in camera automatically. It might have incorrectly called your camera a "USB" camera, but in all likelihood it was referring to the built in cam.

When you say everything was white, do you mean it was identifying everything as white? If you have some sight, keep in mind that the laptop screen will turn all white and will NOT show the image being seen by the camera. The reason I turn the screen all white is because it is then serving as an additional light source to help the camera see the object.