I think there is too much cconverting back and forth. When debugging you can
convert the angle before displaying, but besides that there is no need to have
angles in degrees. The developer never really has to work with the radians.

-original message-
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game objects in memory
From: Cara Quinn <caraqu...@draconisentertainment.com>
Date: 13/12/2010 10:10 am

Willem;

Not quite true, unless I'm not understanding you properly…

We're not actually talking about any angles being displayed to the user here
but working with angles in the engine itself, and interpreting those angles
either explicitly or relatively to show / affect the placement / orientation of
game objects as well as some behind-the-scenes uses in game play for the user.
I.e. aiming and such.

So the user will most likely only ever be aware of the actual angle an entity
is facing in context of a compass heading.

This is purely for the comfort of the developer so we can more easily work with
game code and not lose our bloody minds doing so!… lol! -Know what I mean?…

It's a whole lot easier working with 30 degrees rather than 0.5235987756
radians, yes? lol!

Have a totally awesome night and hope the holidays are treating you and yours
wonderfully! -Thanks for the great notes keeping this way cool topic happening!…

Smiles,

Cara :)