Hi again,

This is what I was about to say as well. Since I'm writing a general purpose audio game engine I cannot tell people what they may or may not do. I can advise, sure, but I won't enforce the use of all screen readers as I feel that this should be very much up to the individual game developer. If they choose not to support one or more screen readers even though they are easy to access from within the engine, the community must speak about this to the developer in question just as though their program had been written independently in vb.net or C++ without the help of a dedicated engine, as it were.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Screen reader support in BGT

I agree completely tom, but I don't really think this is Philip's problem,
afterall he's essentially just providing the tools for the job, not saying
how people should use them.

if someone did just write in Jaws support because they believed most people
used jaws and were too lazy to change things, ---- well it's up to myself
and all the other none jaws users to point out to them that they're being a
prat, ---- as in fact I did when during my first examination of muds back in
2004, I asked about screen reader support and was sent a bunch of jaws
script files, rather sad actually sinse this put me completely off muds at
the time, but I now Know I could've run mushclient quite successfully with
Sapi, ---- especially sinse the particular mud I was trying to play was
Alterean.

The most Philip could do would be to write some advice in the bgt
documentation, ---- but whether people take it would be their own fault
really.

Beware the Grue!