I'd rather wait for a good pitch to swing at than swing at a bad one in hopes of hitting a homer. Then again, if it were Homer Simpson, I'd swing for the fences. Heh heh heh. Never did like that show.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] jim's baseball game

Hi,

That's not impossible, but I'd say pretty long odds. A tripple play
like the one you describe is pretty rare. If it were me I'd opt for
slamming that ball as hard as I could, try and knock that ball out of
the stadium, and run as fast as I could. With the bases loaded like
that no matter what the chances are high you will score at least one
maybe two home runs.  More home runs is icing on the cake.

It could be good strategy.  Let's say that the bases are loaded, there is
only one out, and the pitcher has pitched to you 3 balls outside the strike
zone.  The count is 3 balls and no strikes.  Here comes a curve ball.
Maybe, because the pitcher isn't concentrating, or because he's lost his
good control, he will walk you, and you score another run. Then again, you might hit a brounder to the third baseman, he fields it, steps on third base
before the runner from second base gets to third, throws the ball home to
the catcher who tags the runner from third, and, maybe, he then throws to
first base before you get there.  Tripple play, you didn't score, their
pitcher is out of a big jam, and you blew it.  A bit far fetched, but it
could happen. who

---
Laughter is the best medicine, so look around, find a dose and take it to
heart.