Hi,

Yeah, the enchanted spear is a very good weapon. Unlike the sword it
has tactical range, like 8 feet or something like that, and it is
enchanted so it does a lot of damage to anything you spear with  it. I
just ran the Lamia through with it and she didn't have much of a fight
on easy. On expert, though, you are in for a fight with any weapon.