Also entombed could be run on mack.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] looking for some help.

Hi Michael,

Well, I'm afraid you are pretty much looking at a fairly short list.
As you probably already know most accessible game developers program
exclusively for Windows so games for the Mac tend to be rather slim.
However, let me tell you what I do know is available.

Text Adventures

You can play a number of Inform and Adrift text adventures using Zoom
and Scare. I don't have a Mac, so I can't tell you how well this
works, but I do know some blind Mac gamers have successfully played a
lot of text adventures on Mac OS.

Online RPGs

there are a few online web-based RPG games like Srith and Kingdom of
Loathing that work fairly well with Safari. If you are into that kind
of thing I'd definitely point Safari at
http://www.sryth.com
and try it out.

Gamebook Adventures

There are a number of decent gamebook adventures that have been
converted to html. You can easily download them, unzip them to your
hard drive, and read them in Safari. All you need is a dice rolling
program and perhaps a text document to keep track of your stats etc.

7128 Games

A year or so back 7128 released a Mac OS version of their accessible
gamebook. You can purchase a number of games for it like the Inspector
Cindy Murder Mysteries, the Popcorn Games, etc. They are pretty decent
if you are into gamebook style adventures. Visit there website
http://www.7128.com
for more details.

SoundRTS

Since SoundRTS is written in pure Python it can successfully be run on
Mac OS. The only catch 22 is you have to make sure you have Python 2.4
installed and PyGame for 2.4. That's a bit old, but SoundRTS is
technically playable on Mac OS.

In terms of accessible games that's pretty much what is available
right now. There certainly isn't anything like Tank Commander, Shades
of Doom, or anything like that yet. I do know Draconis is secretly
working on some games for Mac, but we haven't heard much from them on
what their plans are or when/if they will be released. I've got a
couple of productions such as STFC 2.0 that will be Mac OS compatible,
but no release date for the project. So in terms of gaming Mac OS is a
totally new fronteer.

HTH