Hi everyone,

Ok, I think all of us, including me, have gotten too carried away with
the games verses religion topic. Let us please stear things back on
topic as I don't think everyone wants to read another hundred messages
on this topic. However, before I go this is just a word of friendly
advice from both your moderator and as a fellow lister.

While all of us have different spiritual beliefs, different
backgrounds, etc this list isn't the proper forum to really debate
those issues. People have been discussing the nature of God and man,
what is considered to be proper human behavior, etc for centuries and
will continue long after you and I are gone. In the end all we can
really do is leave it up to our personal judgment and do what we
believe to be right in our own personal way. At the same time we
should try and respect others with a different view, and not put them
down for seeing their values, life style, etc differently. That is the
only way we as a community will get along.

Finally, remember that weather you do or do not play a certain type of
game is in the end purely personal choice. If you do not like a
certain product a developer creates you do not have to buy it, play
it, or have anything to do with it. However, at the same time let's
remember that others do enjoy it and we should not make an issue of
their choices and we won't make an issue out of your personal choices
either.

If you really feel there aren't any games made to your liking or
spiritual beliefs there are alternatives. Philip Bennefall has created
a wonderful tool, BGT, that will allow a beginner to learn how to
create and build games without being an ITT professional with years of
programming skill and training behind him/her. I think that this is
the best and most rational solution to the problem available.