Hi Philip,

For what its worth I don't understand it either. When I was writing my
engine in C# .Net, using Sapi as a com object, I had no problems with
the Neospeech voices. However, when I converted to C++ and added Sapi
5 support just exactly according to the Microsoft API documentation
Neospeech broke. I don't think it is necessarily a problem with BGT
specifically, but something wrong with the Neospeech voices
themselves. I never could understand why they work ok with VB .Net and
C# .Net, but not at all with C++.