Hi Milos,

Right. this download is only for the more or less accessible rom
emulators themselves. If you want the roms you will have to go to a
dedicated rom sharing site like
wwww.doperoms.com
to actually download and install the roms for each emulator.

As for the issue of sharing the roms on list that's sort of
problematic as far as copyright issues goes. Most companies such as
Nintendo don't have a problem with someone sharing their roms provided
they A, own the original game console, and B, the actual physical
cartrage the game came on. Since I still own my original NES with
several games like TMNT, Double Dragon, Castlevania, Megaman, etc I
can legally download those roms and play them on a NES emulator for
Windows or Linux with no problem. However, since I didn't own a
Nintendo 64 I could get into hot water downloading and sharing N64
roms since I never owned the original media. In some cases it is
questionable when we are talking about multiplatform games.

For instance, I own the original Tomb Raider game released for Windows
95. Unfortunately, it will not work on Windows 7. So what I did is
grabbed the Tomb Raider version for the PSX and now play it under
Linux via a PSX emulator. That is sort of questionable legally since
it is the same game I own, but for a different platform. Not sure how
Edos would respond to me playing the game for a different platform
than the version I purchased back in 1996. However, I technically do
own the original game/media so its not like I am outright wripping the
company off since I paid for the game.

That said, here is my opinion how to handle this as a moderator. Since
it is probably not a good idea legally to simply zip up an archive of
roms for various platforms I think the best thing to do is to suggest
sights where to download the game roms and you download and install
them at your own legal risk. Since I don't know if you legally own the
game or console in question I can't forbid you not to download rom x,
but as a list moderator I can't let people just post these things
freely on list not knowing who has and does not have the original game
and platform. Since I suspect many of you don't actually own a
Gameboy, N64, Super Nintendo, etc as well as the games sharing them in
that case would be software piracy and goes against our list rules. So
just share trusted rom sharing sites and leave it at that. Ok?

Cheers!