This is again why I personally prefer sendspace for file sharing, as many people can download as much as they want and the link stays.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] I did something right for once!

Hi Hayden,

No, but they stop working after everybody and their uncle gets a
chance to download before you do. Try downloading something off a
heavily used list when it is a Dropbox link. I can assure you if you
don't start the download as soon as you see it in a few hours the link
will give you the oh so lovely, "download has exceeded maximum
bandwidth limit" message and you have to wait until his/her account
resets before grabbing the file. Dropbox is a serious pain in the butt
when trying to share something with two or three hundred people at a
time, because when talking about hundreds of downloads Dropbox won't
allow you to do it, and it will only allow so many downloads daily. I
forget what it is maybe 25 per day, but the thing is it is
rediculously low for a heavily used mailing list were downloads can
add up to the hundreds quickly. Dropbox was only designed to share
files and things with a few family and friends, and was never intended
for mass redistribution of stuff as all too many try to do.

Hi,
I should  tell you that dropbox, or as you so quaintly call it, flopbox,
links do not expire.

Best Regards,
Hayden