Hi Tom. I agree good job on the game. I find though that I do tend to agree about the rate of speech. it is fine going through the menus but some of the sounds that it is describing I find it is kind of hard to understand. not the sounds them selves but what they represent but other then that all in all a really good job. from Mich. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA 18 - levers?

Hi Damien,

Damien wrote:
Good work on this beta.

My reply:

Thanks. I certainly put a lot of time and energy into this one.

Damien wrote:

I would suggest slowing the narrator speech down. Although I and possibly a load
of other people could understand it at that rate, I personally know of
some who would
not be able to understand it at that speed and would struggle to
navigate the menus
because of it.

My reply:

Hmmmm....That's going to be a problem then. I spent almost an entire
week recording and editing those speech clips, and have already put
most of that in subversion to be used with other titles. I'm not
exactly in any hurry to do all that work over again from scratch. Plus
any slower and it will be too slow for me personally. So I don't know
what to say. Let's see if anyone has any problems before resorting to
putting another week into recreating well over 300 voice clips from
scratch.

Damien wrote:

The second thing I would suggest is, since you now have to hold the
relevant keys
down to be able to jump over a trap, as soon as you land you instantly
seem to start
another jump before you can let go.

My reply:

Yeah, this is something I definitely want to work on. I've noticed
problems with jumping like this as well. Especially, on ropes and
things where you don't necessarily want Angela to jump, catch it, and
swing off again. I've definitely got plans to fix this in the next
beta.

Damien wrote:

My question is, the levers you pick up, do they disappear after a
time? I must've
picked up three levers where the one usually is and still can't get
the statue to
open.

My reply:

Well, you don't actually pick up the levers. Angela pulls it and it
unlocks a statue somewhere else in the tomb. New in this release the
statues are time so if you don't get there, and open it in a certain
length of time the lock will reset, and you will have to travel back
to the correct lever, pull it again, and then try and open the statue.
The timer is completely random so it is a good idea to get back to the
statue as quick as possible, don't doddle, or it will reset on you.
That's what seams to be happening here. You aren't moving to the
statue fast enough so the lock resets and seals the statue shut.

HTH