To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 12:20 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Python resources, possibly somewhat o/t

Ok, I have to come clean. I love the intellectual puzzle-solving aspects of
programming, and used to be a pretty hot algorithm designer in class
programming teams. The drudgery that is most programming has turned me away
from this love.

Recently while pondering a challenge in playing RSW, (retro starweb) I
decided that programming was going to be my only solution, other than
waiting for the developer to create the text-based client. In checking out
the current programming landscape, I discovered Python, which I had known
about in a sort of oh, this exists and is scriptish, kind of way.  But in
investigating further, I found a language I could very much fall in love
with, given some proper resources to learn from.

So, to those of you who program out there, if any of you use Python, can you steer me to resources where I can learn the language, and get some nudges on
algorithm development?  The possible pay-off is that I may end up throwing
my hat into the games blind people can play development ring, and more devs
is a good thing, right?

               Chris Bartlett