Because muds and mushes are text based, they're theoretically playable
by the blind - but not all muds and mushes are easy for blind players.
 Most muds are terribly spammy and very hard on screen readers -
without proper spam filtering, it can be almost impossible to tell
what's going on.

That said, there are some muds and mushes that have very good blind
support.  I know one of these to be a game called 'Miriani', and of
course my own 'Alter Aeon'.  The builders and I have worked hard to
make Alter Aeon as playable as possible for those with readers; over
half of our playerbase is blind, and we get a lot of really good
feedback.

Don't get discouraged if the first couple of games you try are
impossible to use or don't work right.  Not all muds are created
equal, and a lot of mud owners do it as a hobby and don't even know
blind players exist.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com