Hi,

Ah....No. I'm definitely not from Boston or any New England city or
state. I'm an Ohio boy through and through. So I have a typical Mid
Western American accent if you want to call it that. That is to say I
don't have any accent at all. I also don't use slang southern or
otherwise. As an educated person I have always tried to avoid various
slang like warsh instead of wash, y'all instead of everyone, crick
instead of creek, and so on. I for the most part use textbook American
English rather than fall back on the back country slang my southern
relatives use. Sometimes I think they are speaking another language.
Imagine listening to my southern relatives when they might say
something like, "How's about y'all go down to the crick and catch us
some feesh for dinner?"I'm like what is feesh? What is a crick?

You take my point. I understand them quite clearly having grown up
hearing it all my life, but all the same I've definitely tried not to
copy their bad English or use their particular grammar and slang. So
when I learned proper English in school I always did my best to
overcome the southern slang I grew up with and learned how to speak
properly. I always felt, even when I was young, an employer or anyone
else would respect me if i didn't sound like a back country hick, and
sounded like a well educated American from the Mid West. So anyway I
don't have a Boston accent, or any accent at all.

Cheers!