Pretty good analysis there. grins. I never thought of the Padme angle, but you're right... it was pretty obvious that Vader wasn't at his best when fighting Luke. And the fact that he tore himself out of the dark side to save his son isn't very easy to miss. lol. There was a touch in the radio drama of Return of the Jedi that I liked, not sure if you've listened to it. At the end of the whole thing when Palpatine is blasting Luke with lightning, Vader leaps up and cries, "My Son!" Palpatine then commands Vader to put him down, to which Vader replies, "I will. Down the core shaft... down to your death!" Palpatine than says, "Vader! I am your master!" And the last thing Vader says before throwing him down the shaft is, "Darth Vader's master. But not Anakin Skywalkers!" I would've liked to see that in the movie... and as to Obi-Wan being old, if later episodes count Jedi as old as himself can fight just as well as when they are at their peak. Luke fought through the entirity of the last battle against the Vong in New Jedi Order at probably 40 something... and almost kills Jason in Legacy of the Force, a man who is probably 20 years younger than him... the same age gap, I think, as between Obi-wan and Anakin Skywalker / Vader.