Hi,

Hmmm..Well, if I ever get in a mood to do a flight sim I'd probably
use the open source simulator, Flight Gear, as a basis of comparison.
I don't know how much true to life the math and physics is in Flight
Gear but its suppose to be fairly equal to Microsoft Flight Simulator
in a lot of ways. Flight Gear is written in C/C++ so there would be a
lot of great ready to use sample source code for any C/C++ game
developer right there. I'm pretty sure the math and physics would be
fairly accurate in Flight Gear and would give a novis developer a big
leg up on the technical end of a flight sim.

cheers!