Hi Jim,

Right. That's basically my thought. Why reinvent the wheel when there
is free code laying around. Its perfectly legal to use it as long as
the game remains free of charge. Open source code has helped me out a
lot over the years. Especially when it comes to games.

There are many free open source games I've thought would make great
audio games like Lin City which is a free clone of Sim City, Freeciv
which is a clone of Civilization, Flight Gear which is a free clone of
Microsoft Flight Simulator, and so on. it might be possible to modify
one of those existing games with speech etc and turn them into free
accessible games. As we are really lacking something like a good
flight sim for the blind something like Flight Gear would probably be
a great starting point.