Hi Alfredo,

Well, the primary reason I don't use Sapi 5 instead of prerecorded
voices is because Microsoft Sapi is not Mac OS or Linux compatible.
Linux and Mac OS have totally differen speech APIs of their own which
is very different in design from Sapi. I've been trying for quite some
time now to limit the amount of Windows specific APIs in the G3D
engine, and if you look at the MOTA beta 19 road map you will see I've
just about removed everything with Microsoft's name on it.

For instance, as of the current unstable build I have replaced
DirectInput with SDL input, I have completely removed the Win32 API
and replaced it with SDL main, I have removed Microsoft Winsock and
have replaced it with SDL net, and DirectSound is currently being
replaced by FMOD Ex. The end result of all this updating, upgrading,
etc is in the very very near future I should have cross-platform
compatible versions of MOTA with the same features and ability as the
Windows release. Since the new G3D engine will be based largely on
open source APIs, rather than proprietary APIs like Sapi 5, I can
simply change a few path variables etc and recompile the engine and
the game for alternative platforms.

HTH