Well I think this one is a litle contentious really.

Myself, I'd assumed "killed" meant did the deed, rather than gave the order.

While I see the point, to me Dumbledor was really just trying to make the point about voldemort's return, and yes in truth if voldemort hadn't been there sedric would've died, ---- but in terms of the facts, I'd class it as petigrew, certainly if petigrew were on trial for the murder him having actually done the killing would be the telling fact, not who's orders he worked on or who's wand he used.

I'd actually suggest Alan take petigrew out of the list of possible choices for that question if he wants voldemort to be the right answer, sinse it seems extremely unfair to mark people down for giving an answer which many would considder correct.

Alternately, he could ask "who according to professor dumbledor killed Sedric" which would specifically indicate to those who read the books what he was refering to, though myself I'd just prefer petigrew removed from that question choice.

Beware the grue!