Forgot about all those. The quests are fun too. OK, dumb question, but what
does turn undead do? I've got it in my skills on my main character I think,
but can't remember what it does.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Dennis Towne
Sent: 14 May 2011 20:03
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] alterr Aeon crafting?

Mike,

Actually, only about half of the experience on the game comes directly
from killing monsters, and there's a lot of other ways to get
experience.  For example, using your spells and skills, even outside
of combat, is worth a lot.  A lot of healers follow groups around to
heal others, but never actually participate in combat.

Here are some other things you can do to get experience that don't
involve killing:

- thieves can shoplift, steal, bribe, and brew poisons
- necromancers can do a lot of interesting things with demon summoning
and raising undead
- clerics can heal, resurrect, and turn undead
- mages can brew and bottle potions for others
- quests
- achievements
- exploreration points
- skill/spell improvement

That said, there isn't much of a crafting skillset right now.  The
closest we have to true crafting are probably the brew and various
necromancer skills for raising undead.  There are a number of quests
that have crafting of specific items to complete the quest, but these
are usually high level and I'd say they don't count.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com