Hi Dean,

I honestly don't get what the problem is. There is no secret to
getting to the first floor. Sheesh, you don't even have to use the
rope if you don't want to. Just jump off the ledge and land on the
floor below. If the r key says room 4, or something like that, you are
on the bottom floor of the tomb. I often speed up time by drawing a
weapon, jumping down into room 4, and then walking left into room 5,
kill the monster there, grab the lute, and head into room 6 where the
lever is. Using the rope isn't that difficult either.

To use the rope, jump off the ledge, catch the rope, go down I'd say
about 5 times, and then jumpleft or right to land on the floor in room
4. What exactly is so complicated about that?

HTH