I agree. I admit I had my doubts but Tom and Dark raised some arguments against the possibility of scamming, arguments that bear serious consideration. First off, mainstream companies allow preordering all te time...well game resalers do anyway since you don't necessarily buy mainstream games directly from the maker. But more to the point, if Jake was really scamming he would have charged more, both for the preorder price and the full price. If he got a total of 100 preorders, that's $9.99 times a hundred. That adds up to $988.00. Times that by two, say he got 200 preorders, and you get $1976.00. Still less than two grand. And even if nobody preordered and everybody paid full price, at most he would make just under three grand, assuming he sold 200 copies of the game. ANd even if he got 200 preorders and then 200 full price payments that still only adds up to five grand at most. That's hardly enough to cover general real life expenses these days, particularly since Jake is 26 and most likely lives on his own. And if he's sighted he's got car insurance payments to consider. And we're not even talking about the cost of sound libraries. So even if he was the scamming type he wouldn't be able to skim enough money from the community to make it worth the effort. So no, despite recent events I don't believe the scam theory and nor should any of the rest of us set our minds in stone on the issue, particularly not at this early stage. And yes, it is still too early to jump to conclusions.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Trouble" <troub...@columbus.rr.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 7:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] airik the clerik

This is just the crap why I don't promote prepay for early release.
There is just to much pardon the word, but way to much BITCHING when you go that rout. Its always from those that know nothing about what it takes to write or release a game. Even though there are demos being played or tested. You still get this crap! people hear these words! Your childish petty bitch en! Is going to make even more devs quit! And those wanting won't! Just because of all the flack they get over a game.
The only thing I can say is GROW UP!
At 03:46 PM 6/12/2011, you wrote:
you won't see money back he a prick and we all know it
bet it james north really, not jake

On 12 Jun 2011, at 20:44, Bryan Peterson wrote:

> Well as much as I hate to say it I'm beginning to believe the
scam theory. This is overall the fifth or so time that he's said something and nothing's come of it. And it's been long enough that at least some people would have received emails from im by now. And these people would have posted on the forum. Not only that but he hasn't even bothered to address the points people have raised that would seem to indicate that this is indeed a scam. So I'm no longer sure what to believe.
> We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "william lomas" > <will.d.lo...@gmail.com>

things have been added in version 1.0 I'm definitely excited about things and want to personally thank you for your patience. We are emailing download links to the game for the pre-order gamers, and need to send them out per name. If your link has not been sent yet, don't panic, we'll get to your name as fast as possible, please continue to be patient. Pre order link will change to a Direct order of the game. and Downloads will be fast from that point.
>> A few tips for those who begin to play. Jumping in the game is
not automatic, instead you must get as close as you can to an edge or platform and jump while pressing in a direction. There is a lot to explore, but If you get lost, dont forget to use Scout, he is your best friend and should be used as often as possible to measure surroundings and assist in navigation.