To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 4:58 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] best language for a first game atempt

Hello Everyone,

I've got a game idea that I'd like to run with. I'm not sure if i'm
going to make it freeware or pay that depends on how it all turns out.

I'd like to know a good language to start with? I'm also interested in
any game specific tutorials or howtos something to get started with. A
lot of the books i've seen are just function or reference manuals on
language x, I can pick that up. I'm a newbie to game writing, but not
to programming although my emphasis is on web scripting, php, perl,
javascript, none of those will obviously do. I can pick things up
fairly quickly. I'd also prefer accessibility in the development
process, a good development environment. I'm using jfw 11, and NVDA
for my screen readers and am considering the possibility of making the
game sapi aware.

I haven't made any final decisions still planning things out, but
don't want to switch languages midway through. Some features I know I
want are:

1. Usable with either a screen reader or sapi voice (user preference)
2. online playable (though that probably won't be in the initial release).
3. Ease of maintaining and modifications with possible user
customizations allowed

I thought I'd throw this out and see what comes back.
Thanks.
Dave.