Hi Jeremy,
I've also added your games page to my games list at,
http://www.pcsgames.net/game-co.htm

I've finally tried castaways.
It's enjoyable but I do have a few comments.
When more than one person is doing something could you have the game count and say,
6 people have cut down trees at c5.
instead of listing all their names?
I also think the SAPI should be the default voice as most people have SAPI working because of all the SAPI games out now.
I suspect you need dx7vb.dll
as that is the last version of DirectX that will play stereo sounds in panning mode.
The original Shades of Doom used it and could pan stereo sounds.
But when David changed to dx8vb.dll
he had to change to use all mono sounds.
There is another way to play stereo sound in both version 7 and 8 that just plays the sound and doesn't try to position it.

Phil
p...@pcsgames.net