yeah there are some sore loosers.
My brother has the same thing in tenis.
There are just people in this world that when they don't get things they want throw a wobbly as a friend calls it.
At 02:09 a.m. 19/07/2011, you wrote:
Hatred,
I know exactly what you mean. I hang around gaming forums, and I also play mainstream games. once I was playing Super Street Fighter online and I was beating my opponent. they got mad because according to them I was being cheap. so they start talking some trash. I challenge them again, and this time I don't throw a single fireball and still beat them. but the guy starts blaming me of hitting him in the corner, and doing too many combos. do we ever win with some gamers? haha. that's not even the worst either. some people actually use something called a lag switch to ruin gaming. bet anyone on here with mainstream gaming experience has experienced it at some point. your character basically stands there, lagging horribly, but the opponent doesn't, guaranteeing a loss. I didn't even know lag switches were actually a real device until I started researching them. I always thought oh this is just normal lag, trying to think the best of people. but now I know some gamers will stoop to any level to ruin everyone else's experience. Granted there are lots of really awesome gamers out there. I've even played people who actually give advice, and strategies. but the sighted gaming community is so large that finding the bad apples is a lot easier than when you're dealing with our community. with mainstream games, every time you play with large groups or teams, you're almost guaranteed to get trolled by some sad individual that just can't take a loss.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Strait" <crimsonr...@gmail.com>
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:08 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] A Sighted view on "Bridging the Gap".

Hey there everyone, I'm Hatred, a friend of Aprone. I've been reading
through the posts about his latest game, Castaways, and I've noticed a small
topic about Bridging the Gap between Sighted and Blind gamers. Figured I'd
toss in my thoughts on the topic since I have a different perspective than
most of you do.

First up, I think that having Blind and Sighted gamers playing together,
either competitively or cooperatively, would be amazing and I fully support
the idea. However, as a Sighted gamer, I've seen a lot of the bad things
that can come from it so I have to warn you that if it's done incorrectly,
you could end up having a lot more problems than you'd want. From what I've
seen while browsing through the emails here and the forums at
Audiogames.net, the Blind gaming community is full of awesome people that
truly want to play new and inventive games. You guys seem eager to explore
together, to build together, and to wage war together. That's awesome, and
as a gamer I love that. Heck, that's one of the reasons I've been pushing
Aprone to do more multiplayer games! I want to play with you guys too!
Unfortunately, there are  many Sighted gamers that don't feel the same.

The majority of Sighted gamers are, in essence, similar to Blind gamers.
They want to relax and enjoy the games they love with cool people. However,
there are many that feel that they have the right to ruin the fun for
everyone. Hackers, Spammers, Trolls, and just regular old Idiots run rampant
on many multiplayer games, set on causing havoc for the sake of their own
twisted fun. Aprone and I actually first met in a small game called Babo
Violent 2, a multiplayer shooter game. We played together, and eventually
became good friends. The game was fast, fun, and easy to pick up and play.
However, it had little to no hack protection. I'll admit, I was one of the
Hackers that found a lot of the security holes and had some fun seeing what
I could do with the game. However, I wasn't malicious about it. I simply did
it on my own, away from other players so as not to ruin their fun.
Unfortunately, a large number of players thought differently. They ran
rampant, making themselves invincible, cheating in the game, harassing other
players, and even crashing the servers if they were bored. At one time
players couldn't even get into a game because the servers were down
constantly. It's sad but true, some people truly enjoy causing other people
grief.

Now, I'm not saying that you all should avoid having sighted players play
with you. By all means, I think that goal is great and you should pursue it
full force. However, be aware that with it comes some pretty hefty problems.
It will require developers to rethink how they code their games. They'll
have to take into consideration some form of anti-cheat programming, or even
have a way for admins to remove cheaters from the game. It's definitely
doable but will require a lot more work to make it happen.

Anyways, my long rant is over. Lol! Keep gaming my friends!